Do you ever feel like the best-kept secret? Do you wish more women would know you are there – ready and willing to help? No matter your mission, social media can drive your success. Think about the businesses, personalities, and brands you know and love—they likely have some form of social media that gives you more insight into who they are.
As you work to provide life-saving support to women and babies. You give women hope amid an unplanned pregnancy. You have the tools, the drive, and the resources.
Your next step? Building an effective social media presence.
In 2019, a study revealed that the average Internet user spent more than a quarter of their life online. You can imagine that this number has only grown, especially among young people. They live and breathe Instagram, Snapchat, and TikTok!
Now is the moment to claim these spaces for yourself and put your pregnancy resource center at the forefront of your potential clients’ minds!
What Can Social Media Do For You?
When thinking about how social media can impact your PRC, you’ll want to frame it in terms of what it can offer you. How will it help you to reach your goals?
Here are just some of the things social media can do for you:
- Building social proof
- Communicate your services or mission
- Engage with potential clients and donors
- Emphasize your center’s brand and personality
- Share necessary information on donor events, holiday hours, and more
Having a lot of followers and likes isn’t what defines social media success. It’s about knowing and resonating with your target audience—in this case, abortion-minded women—and showing that you are a warm, inviting, consistent presence both online and in person.
There are many social media platforms you can utilize, but the most popular ones are:
- YT Shorts
There is no other pregnancy resource center like the one you direct; chances are you know it better than most. Sure, many centers offer pregnancy testing and options information. But what about your PRC sets it apart? You may have a thought-provoking story, a distinctive history or a variety of services you offer. No matter what it is, it makes your center unique.
Harness that power and use it for good! It just may be what creates the awareness boost you’ve been waiting for.
Client vs. Donor Profiles: What’s the Difference?
Let’s face it: though there are content overlaps between client and donor content, there are distinct differences that you need to know. The messaging for a donor is so different from messaging for your clients. We’ve outlined some essential distinctions below:
- Avoid babies, bellies, Bible verses
- A mix of engagement posts and services posts
- Build social proof** by posting testimonials
- Use Babies, bellies, Bible verses
- Share organization updates, needs, and results of giving
- Offer client stories, prayer requests, event information and pro-life updates
To summarize, clients must understand what your PRC can do for them. How can you provide them with the resources they can’t find elsewhere? As for your donors, they want to know who your clients are, stories of changed lives and how their faithful giving directly impacts the moms and babies you serve.
Facebook is an ideal platform for your donors while Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok are platforms most used by clients. Regardless of your social media platform type, you’ll want to research your target audience, offer ads tailored to their needs, and identify key trends.
**Social proof refers to the influence you have on client behaviors. As you may well know, we tend to copy others. Prospective clients will want to learn more about your PRC if you provide evidence that they are worthwhile—and that current clients value them!
Using Video Content
Videos are golden opportunities for PRCs to get their message across in an easy, concise, and powerful format. There are no creative limits when it comes to video production; you can make your ideas come to life through a simple two-minute clip.
Benefits of including videos include:
- Higher engagement
- Improved reach
- Brand personality enhancement
- Versatility and creativity
- Increase dwelling time and conversions
Check out Choose Life Marketing videos here for a healthy dose of inspiration, and look into why they may be the next big thing for your PRC. Our reels can be played on today’s most popular platforms: Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok.
Building a Consistent Brand
Consistency is everything, especially when you’re building your brand. Your clients want to see that they can rely on you to provide services and information. If your social media posts are inconsistent, not only are they not seeing what you offer, they may perceive your center as old or even out of business – or they may question your level of commitment and trust.
Reasons why you want to maintain your brand:
- Take advantage of existing trends to improve visibility
- Build relationships with your clients
- Make your PRC recognizable
- Build trust and credibility
- Set yourself apart from the rest
Seek to meet your clients where they are. You do so at your center; you offer the resources they need, no matter where they are in their journey. But keeping this up on social media is just as important. Depending on your target audience, they likely live much of their lives online. Showing up where they are both in person and online shows you’re ready to meet their needs in any environment!
Resources to up your social media game:
- Use content-friendly and age-appropriate emojis (Research emojis and beware of double meanings)
- Consider video content to keep your audience engaged and convey emotion
- Capture trending topics with hashtags
- Research, research, research! Learn your potential clients’ interests, likes, and dislikes
- Data: identify what you can improve—and what you’re doing right!
Mastering the Algorithm
A social media algorithm organizes and ranks user content on platforms. An algorithm impacts everything your PRC clients see, so you must understand how they work.
Why should you learn the algorithm? It’ll help you create relevant content! Below are some tips for success:
- Understand your audience through research
- Create engaging content separately for clients or donors
- Utilize relevant keywords and hashtags
- Encourage engagement by asking for emojis, likes, or shares
- Post consistently each week – ideally 2 to 3 times per week.
- Review data on a monthly basis and track progress
Our Social Media Experts Are Here to Help!
Are you interested in creating client-friendly online content? Choose Life Marketing is here to help your pregnancy resource center meet and exceed its social media goals. Our experts can build your online brand, teach you about the latest social media trends, and master both client and donor content.
We have the tools and expertise to increase engagement and see results at your center. Together, we can help women choose life for their babies and recognize their potential!